Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chalk Painted Furniture

When I first started revamping rough pieces of furniture, I was moving into a huge house in Clifton for my junior year of college. We had no furniture other than our beds that had been sitting at our parents' houses during our first two years of college.

I had pieces donated to me from neighbors and raided thrift stores across Cincinnati to furnish it. The summer before we moved in, my parents let me fill up our garage with that furniture and paint away.

The obsession resurfaced last year and although I don't have many before pictures, here are some pieces that I completed using the chalk paint recipe.


 Repainted my nightstand from college and tossed on some new knobs from Hobby Lobby.

Formerly a green and brown entertainment center purchased at ebth.com, this piece is now sitting in our future nursery as a changing table. Knobs from Anthropologie.

My amazing husband spotted this vanity in the Free Craigslist section and somehow loaded it into his car by himself to surprise me. It will be the new vanity in his parent's basement bathroom.

One of my favorite rehabs which is now in my sister and brother-in-law's living room as their entertainment center.

In progress: Future nursery dresser coming soon. Painted but waiting to find some knobs- big decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR